- Added 22 new soundtracks!
- Added 5 new duotone photo/video filters.
- Video soundtracks can now be looped and will fade out automatically.
- You can now adjust the speed of video clips with four speed settings.
- If you cancel an iCloud download, Snapthread will ask if you want to retry it.
- The app has a redesigned photo picker that makes it easy to find recent photos and memories from past years.
- You can now search for photos by month and year.
- Snapthread will now suggest auto-generated projects based on recent photos and (optionally) photos from the current day in past years. These projects can be found in the “Recent” and “Memories” sections of the photo picker.
Snapthread makes it easy to convert panoramas to videos for sharing on social media.
- Select a panorama from your photo library and tap “Continue,” or, on iPad, drag and drop a panorama to your video timeline.
- The panorama is automatically converted to a 15 second video that slowly pans from left to right.
- You can adjust the duration of the video by tapping on the panorama’s thumbnail and then tapping the “edit” button. Select the “duration” tool to pick a duration between 1 and 15 seconds.
Snapthread automatically converts panoramas taken with the built-in iOS camera app, and also any photo that has a width that is double its height (or wider).
- Added a button for quickly scrolling back to the bottom of your photo library.
- Panoramas are now automatically converted to videos that slowly pan from left to right.
- Time lapse clips should no longer appear as just a black video.
- The Instagram Stories icon in the share sheet has been changed to more closely match the regular Instagram icon.
- Crash fixes.
Update May 29, 2019: You can now post directly to Instagram Stories by selecting the “Instagram Stories” icon on the top row of the share sheet.
Posting a Live Photo to Instagram may seem as simple as converting it to a video and sharing it to the service. However, as of this writing, Instagram has a minimum video length of 3 seconds, and most Live Photos fall just short of that limit (although the latest rumor is that Apple may double the length of Live Photos).
Snapthread makes it easy to post Live Photos to Instagram by allowing you to loop them one or more times.
- Add a Live Photo to your video timeline.
- Tap on its thumbnail.
- Select the “Edit” button.
- Select “Loop.”
- Select the number of times you would like to loop your video.
- Select “Save” and then “Done.”
- Tap the share button and select Instagram or Instagram Stories. You’re done!
- Improved design with more intuitive editing, saving, and sharing.
- You can now apply a “bounce” effect to videos under 5 seconds.
- Apply filters and text overlays to your photos and videos.
- Added ability to rotate photos and videos.
- Added ability to import music from iCloud Drive.
- Added 13 new title card backgrounds and the ability to use your own photos as backgrounds.
- The currently playing clip is now highlighted in the timeline.
- If you quit the app before exporting your movie, you can now recover your work.
- New and improved iPad interface.
- Added keyboard shortcuts (hold the Command key to display available shortcuts).
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Added support for still photos!
- You can now loop video clips up to 10 times.
- Snapthread is now compatible with the 2018 iPad Pros.
- Snapthread is now available to try for free! If you already paid for the app up front, you should continue to have access to its full capabilities (please contact me if that isn’t the case).
- The photo library grid is now organized into Moments. Select all photos in a Moment with a single click.
- Automatically generate a movie from your most recent Moment by tapping the new “auto” button at the top of the photo library view.
- Visual enhancements, including a nice new icon!
- Minor bug fixes.
- New title card styles! Choose from 15 unique backgrounds or create a basic title with custom colors.
- Add multiple titles and rearrange them.
- VoiceOver and Dynamic Type improvements.
- Crash fixes.
- The app now processes video clips that do not contain audio channels (including Live Photos with effects such as “bounce”) without displaying an error.
- Resolved some rare crashes and improved overall stability.
- Bonjour! Ciao! Hola! Added localizations for French, Italian, and Spanish.
- Snapthread now fetches the most recent edits of your Live Photos instead of the original unadjusted versions.
- Fixed the bug that allowed you to re-organize your clips while your video was processing or exporting.