Update May 29, 2019: You can now post directly to Instagram Stories by selecting the “Instagram Stories” icon on the top row of the share sheet.
Posting a Live Photo to Instagram may seem as simple as converting it to a video and sharing it to the service. However, as of this writing, Instagram has a minimum video length of 3 seconds, and most Live Photos fall just short of that limit (although the latest rumor is that Apple may double the length of Live Photos).
Snapthread makes it easy to post Live Photos to Instagram by allowing you to loop them one or more times.
- Add a Live Photo to your video timeline.
- Tap on its thumbnail.
- Select the “Edit” button.
- Select “Loop.”
- Select the number of times you would like to loop your video.
- Select “Save” and then “Done.”
- Tap the share button and select Instagram or Instagram Stories. You’re done!